Fort Lauderdale Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Dedicated to Pursuing Justice for the Severely Injured
Guiding injury victims and their families through a complex legal process
The careless or willful actions of other parties can cause severe injuries in an instant that change the lives of victims and their families forever. In addition to the extensive expenses incurred for emergency treatment, catastrophic injuries can affect everything from the ability to earn a living to just getting through normal daily activities. The lawyers at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. understand the needs of catastrophic injury victims and their families in Broward County and elsewhere in Florida. We are prepared to take aggressive legal action so that our clients can pursue the full compensation they need to move forward after a highly traumatic event.
There are many types of catastrophic injuries
Any catastrophic injury can lead to overwhelming lifetime costs. According to the National Spinal Cord Injury Statistical Center, victims and their families can expect first-year costs to exceed one million dollars, with each subsequent year adding nearly $200,000 to their expenses. The following types of physical damage are among the most common types of catastrophic injuries:
- Spinal cord injury — Often resulting in partial or full paralysis, a spinal injury can be devastating, altering basic movement and affecting virtually every aspect of life.
- Traumatic brain injury — The brain controls every bodily function, so traumatic brain injury can affect everything from sensory abilities to basic thought functions that can influence the ability to communicate or earn a living.
- Amputation — Many accidents can result in the immediate loss of a body part, anything from fingers to limbs that may require surgical amputation to save a life. After the injury heals physically, victims must go through extensive therapy and training to learn new ways to accomplish basic tasks. Some victims cannot return to their prior employment and many require long-term personal assistance, often for the rest of their lives.
- Blindness/deafness — Learning to live without sight or hearing is emotionally and physically devastating. Individuals who lose the ability to see must re-learn every common activity, from navigating their homes to reading. Hearing loss makes basic communication extremely challenging. Victims and their families can obtain some help through special assistive devices and extensive re-training. However, every solution is extremely costly.
- Fatal injuries — No amount of money can fully compensate families when the life of a loved one is cut short because of the negligent or wrongful acts of others. When a family member suffers a fatal injury, you face the bills from medical treatment and funeral costs while forever losing the financial and emotional support of the person you lost.
Each Fort Lauderdale catastrophic injury lawyer at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. understands the long-term effects of catastrophic injuries on victims and their families. You should not have to pay out of pocket for the financial challenges you face. We take the time to consult with medical and other professionals to identify the full extent of expenses and take all necessary legal action to pursue compensation for those costs.
Helping victims and their families find the means to move forward after catastrophic injury
To help ensure victims pursue the full compensation they need and deserve, severe injuries often require serious legal action. Each personal injury attorney at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. prepares every case as if it is going to court. Our detailed preparation and strong reputation among our peers often encourages opposing attorneys to offer out-of-court settlements that meet the needs of our clients.
We are also effective courtroom litigators. While trials can be more stressful and time-consuming, our board-certified trial lawyer are dedicated to pursuing the results our clients need to live the most successful life possible after a catastrophic injury.
Contact an experienced Fort Lauderdale catastrophic injury attorney for a free consultation
When the negligent or willful acts of other parties change life forever for you and your family, you need an attorney with exceptional skills to ensure that you obtain the full compensation you need and deserve. With more than four decades of experience, the firm of Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. has the legal knowledge and dedication to help. We offer flexible hours for a free consultation and can meet with you in our convenient downtown office, at home or in the hospital. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we obtain an award or settlement for your case. Contact us online, or call us at (954) 416-0124 today.