Slip and Fall Attorneys with more than four decades of experience serving Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Addressing the unique issues of the law pertaining to slip, trip and fall accidents
Individuals commonly blame their own clumsiness when they slip, trip or fall in a public place or a private home. In fact, the attorneys at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. see countless examples of injuries that are actually caused by unsafe conditions. Injury victims have the right to pursue compensation for the expenses they sustain related to these accidents but they can face significant challenges when attempting to prove their cases. Our board-certified trial lawyers have the skills, experience and resources you need to help protect your rights.
How slip, trip and fall accidents happen
All too often, the individuals responsible for maintaining safe premises fail to carefully review all areas of their property with an eye toward safety. This lack of care can lead to serious accidents such as the following:
- Slips on wet grocery store floors or rugs that are not properly secured
- Trips over loose edges of carpeting
- Falls down the single steps that are prevalent in restaurants but are not well-lit or otherwise marked for visibility
- Trips over uneven sidewalks outside the entrance to a business
- Falls into parking lot pot holes, which may even be hidden by puddles after rain
At Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. we are dedicated to conducting the thorough investigations required to unveil the causes of injuries to our clients. Each injury attorney at our firm has extensive skills and resources to provide the support you need within this complex area of the law.
Slip, trip and fall accidents can lead to serious injuries
Individuals probably sustain minor cuts and contusions due to minor falls on a daily basis but slip, trip and fall accidents often lead to serious injuries such as the following:
- Broken bones due to the fall, with broken wrists a common issue as victims attempt to break their falls
- Hip injuries that are serious for any victim but can actually lead to shortened lives for elderly victims
- Head and brain injuries, often caused when the head strikes a hard surface during a fall
- Injuries to the spine, which are typically sustained due to a severe wrenching motion and can be serious even if the victim does not fully fall
What we can do to protect your rights
Injury victims can face potential limitations on their claims if they fail to prove the following two conditions required by Florida statutes:
- The condition that caused the accident existed long enough that the property owner or manager should have known about it and addressed it. Of course, defining long enough can be quite subjective. For example, a spill from a leaky product may take longer to discover than a spill when a glass bottle crashes to the floor and can be heard from anywhere on the premises.
- The accident should have been foreseeable because it pertained to a condition that occurred with regularity. Of course, with regularity and foreseeable can be widely interpreted. For example, a store owner may deny liability even after two wet floor incidents caused by a leaky roof if he or she can show the incidents were spaced apart and the leaky roof was not immediately identified during a lengthy spell of dry weather.
At Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. our premises liability lawyers prepare each case to provide juries with a compelling argument. We conduct thorough investigations to prove that conditions clearly point to liability on the part of the property owner or manager and we look into prior cases that reveal a history of negligence. In many cases, the opposing counsel or insurance company recognizes the value of our claim and chooses to settle out of court. However, we are fully prepared to take cases to trial to protect the rights of our clients to the compensation they need and deserve.
Contact a skilled Ft. Lauderdale slip and fall lawyer to learn how we can help
If you sustain injuries from a slip, trip and fall accident, you need to recognize the possibility that the accident was caused by something other your clumsiness. All of us have a certain degree of responsibility to watch where we walk, but anything from a pothole hidden by a puddle to a wet spot on a grocery store floor can lead to unavoidable accidents.
Proving these claims can be challenging but each dedicated lawyer at the firm of Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. has the necessary skills and experience to investigate and pursue compensation for clients. Our flexible office hours make it easy to schedule a free consultation and our live answering service provides access to us during evenings and weekends. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we obtain an award or settlement for your case. Contact us online, or call us at (954) 416-0124 today.