Knowledgeable Fort Lauderdale Bicycle Accident Lawyers Guide the Injured Through Complex Legal Cases
Dedicated legal support for bicyclists injured on Florida roads or in cycling events
The warm Florida climate provides a perfect opportunity to leave your car at home and take an enjoyable bike ride. Unfortunately, bicycle riders must share the roads with large, fast vehicles. Bicyclists can easily sustain severe injuries that change every aspect of life forever. The law firm of Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. has more than four decades of experience helping victims and their families pursue compensation for the many accident-related expenses.
Common causes of bicycle accidents
Florida law defines bicyclists as drivers. While certain variances apply when bicycle lanes are available to riders, the Florida Bicycle Association explains that bicyclists have the same rights as other drivers, but they also must obey the same traffic laws. Unfortunately, both riders and motorists often fail to follow the rules, and bicycles are prone to other types of accidents as well. Each bicycle accident attorney at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. sees clients injured in a variety of situations, such as the following:
- Inattention to the law: Both motorists and bicyclists can become distracted. Failure to follow the rules of the road — such as yielding the right of way to other vehicles and coming to a full stop at signs and signals — can result in serious injury.
- Road hazards: Uneven surfaces, potholes, or debris in the road can easily cause a rider to lose control and take a major spill.
- Lack of visibility: Even when cyclists use safety gear such as bright colors and LED signal lights, motorists may not notice riders at intersections or in narrow roadways.
- Bike lane accidents: Even bike lanes do not eliminate the risks of bike accidents. Cyclists can be severely injured when doors of parked cars suddenly open in front of them or pedestrians walk into the bicycle lane without looking.
- Cycling races: Racers expect certain dangers in a race. However, it can be difficult for a group of closely packed riders to see road hazards, particularly when a race is held on public streets.
Determining fault for bike accidents poses significant challenges
Clearly, anyone can be at fault for a bicycle accident, and liability can be shared among bicyclists, motorists or even bicycle equipment manufacturers. If you or a loved one suffers injuries in a bike accident, you need to consult with a car accident lawyer with specific experience assisting bicycle accident victims. We have the skills, experience and resources needed to thoroughly investigate your accident, determine the causes and identify all parties who may be at fault.
Schedule a free consultation with a Fort Lauderdale bike accident attorney to learn your legal options
If you sustain serious injuries in a bicycle accident, you often face a challenging legal case to provide liability and damages. The board-certified trial lawyers at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. know how to develop compelling cases through solid investigation and litigation skills. We take calls 24/7, offer flexible hours for a free consultation, and we can meet with you in our convenient downtown office, at home or in the hospital. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we win or settle your bicycle accident case. Contact us online, or call us at 954.416.0124 today.