A Fort Lauderdale Commercial-Truck Accident Lawyer Dedicated to Justice
Protecting the rights of the injured against powerful commercial concerns
Commercial trucks play a vital role in our lives. Construction vehicles like dump trucks are essential in maintaining state roads, semi-trucks carry everything from store products to gasoline and delivery trucks get packages to our doors. However, sharing the roads with commercial vehicles involves many challenges. When accidents happen, occupants of passenger vehicles often sustain serious injuries, and may have to go against major commercial companies and their lawyers when seeking compensation. Each commercial-truck accident attorney at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. helps equalize the power to help injury victims get the justice they deserve for their injuries.
Hazardous materials on the road can cause serious injuries or other medical issues
In a 2004 report, the U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration estimated that of more than 800,000 shipments of hazardous materials, there were 5,000 nonfatal and 200 fatal crashes. The commercial-truck accident attorneys at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. have experience helping clients injured in various types of hazmat-truck accidents such as the following:
- Semi-trailers that swing out of control due to the movement of liquids such as gasoline
- Truck brake failure ending in a collision that causes an explosion resulting in catastrophic injury or fatalities
- Leaks from damaged tankers that expose other drivers or even communities to toxic or carcinogenic chemicals
Construction vehicles can be prone to serious accidents
Construction zones are notoriously dangerous places, with construction vehicles responsible for many severe accidents. The personal injury attorneys at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. have a detailed understanding of the special issues pertaining to construction vehicle accidents, such as the following:
- Bulldozers can cause serious accidents as they operate near traffic on roads under construction.
- Falling debris from dump trucks can cause injury to passing vehicles and even pedestrians walking nearby.
- The limited line of vision and the spinning cargo of cement mixers increase the risk of truck accidents, particularly in congested traffic areas.
Identifying liability in commercial trucking accident cases
A single commercial-truck accident can involve multi-party negligence including the following:
- Improper operation by drivers
- Manufacturers of unsafe equipment or replacement parts
- Trucking companies that fail to maintain equipment for proper operation and safety
- Mechanics who perform substandard equipment maintenance
These cases often result in serious injuries or fatalities, and they seldom involve a simple insurance claim. Our board-certified litigation attorneys conduct thorough investigations to identify all liable parties and help our clients pursue the full compensation they deserve. If you sustain serious injuries or lose a loved one because of a commercial trucking accident, you need a lawyer with extensive experience and knowledge of state and federal trucking laws. With more than four decades of experience, the law firm of Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. provides the comprehensive support you need for these challenging legal cases.
Contact us to protect your interests against powerful commercial trucking operations
At Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A., we take calls 24/7, offer flexible hours for a free consultation, and we can meet with you in our convenient downtown office, at home or in the hospital. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we win or settle your truck accident case. Contact us online, or call us at (954) 416-0124 today.