Experienced Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Dedicated to Protecting Biker Rights
Board-certified trial lawyers providing comprehensive, knowledgeable support for the seriously injured
The open design of motorcycles, sport dirt bikes and even all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) make their use enjoyable in the warm Florida climate. Unfortunately, this design exposes riders to severe injuries in an accident. Often, unfair negative perceptions make it more difficult for motorcyclists to file a claim of negligence. Each Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. is dedicated to ensuring you obtain full protection under the law.
Types of injuries common to motorcycle accidents
Motorcycle accidents are all too common in Florida. A report by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles indicates that in 2011 alone, 8,621 motorcycle accidents occurred, injuring nearly 8,000 individuals and killing another 450 people. Although Florida statutes include helmet laws to help protect riders, they can still sustain severe injuries, such as the following:
- Broken bones: The impact from a fall can easily break bones, and crushed bones are all too common when a heavy bike lands on top of a rider.
- Head injuries: Even motorcyclists who wear helmets can still sustain anything from concussions to traumatic brain injury, particularly when a severe impact to the head damages the helmet.
- Spinal cord injury: Motorcycles do not provide seat belts. Riders can be thrown great distances during collisions, often causing spinal injury.
How we protect the rights of injured motorcycle accident victims
Public opinion can create inaccurate assumptions of negligence on the part of motorcyclists in spite of the severe injuries they suffer, often at the hands of others who failed to notice them. Each personal injury attorney at Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. understands the special challenges of these claims. We take a multi-faceted approach to provide the full support you need, as follows:
- We begin by reviewing police reports and any evidence supplied by our clients to determine the full details about the accident.
- We engage investigative professionals who know how to read the damage on all vehicles and skid marks, apply them to the details of the weather and road conditions at the accident scene, and formulate a compelling scenario that illustrates how the accident occurred.
- We dig even deeper to identify all liable parties. The fault may lie with other drivers, but also with manufacturers of substandard helmets, manufacturers of faulty brakes or repair shops that left either vehicle in an unsafe condition.
- We educate our clients on the advantages and disadvantages of pursuing an insurance claim, negotiating an out-of-court settlement or taking a case before a jury. However, we diligently prepare each claim and advocate on behalf of each client as if the case is going to court.
Contact us for a no-risk free consultation to learn how we can help
If you sustain serious injuries in a motorcycle accident, you need serious legal protection to protect your rights. With more than four decades of experience, the law firm of Fazio DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. provides the comprehensive support you need for these challenging legal cases. We take calls 24/7, offer flexible hours for a free consultation, and we can meet with you in our convenient downtown office, at home or in the hospital. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we win or settle your motorcycle accident case. Contact us online, or call us at 954.416.0124 today.