Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice Lawyers
The help you need when filing a medical malpractice lawsuit
A medical practitioner is expected to adhere to a certain standard of care to help ensure the best possible results for their patients. Distinguishing between reasonable care and medical negligence requires a complex analysis of everything from patient medical history to the procedures used for treatment. Each medical malpractice lawyer at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. works with a network of medical resources to investigate the causes of patient injuries. Then our board-certified trial lawyers use their extensive experience to advocate effectively and help our clients pursue the full compensation they deserve.
The skills and resources to address complex Florida medical malpractice claims
Even the best medical care carries no guarantee of positive results. However, medical negligence can cause needless suffering to patients who face long-term or permanent injuries — or to families who lose a loved one.
Proving medical negligence requires an attorney who can handle highly technical details and a complex legal process. Our medical malpractice attorneys have extensive experience in this challenging area of the law. We combine our legal knowledge in this field with access to a network of skilled medical practitioners and investigators to develop compelling cases that support the claims of our clients.
How our experienced Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyers can help
The law firm of Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A., located in Fort Lauderdale, has more than four decades of experience guiding patients and their families through a highly technical legal process. We understand the importance of these claims, and we enlist the assistance of medical specialists to help determine medical errors.
Types of cases our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice attorneys handle
- Diagnostic errors: Timely and accurate diagnosis is essential in determining proper treatment. Misdiagnosed cancers and other forms of misdiagnosis for any condition can lead to premature death. Of course, failure to diagnose any condition can prevent the timely treatment to help avoid more serious conditions down the road.
- Errors during surgery: Even in ideal circumstances, any type of surgery carries some degree of risk. However, surgical teams can prevent surgical errors by employing appropriate procedures. Even with perfect surgical techniques, anesthesia errors represent a common avoidable cause of coma or death to patients.
- Hospital negligence: Some hospital patients receive exceptional care from their physicians, only to suffer infections or other illnesses caused by hospital negligence. Often, issues as simple as inattention to hygiene patient complaints lead to hospital malpractice.
- Medication errors: When doctors order the wrong medication or an incorrect dosage, these prescription errors can harm or kill. Even when the doctor’s prescription is accurate, pharmacists may deliver the wrong drugs or dosages with equal ill effects.
- Nursing home neglect and abuse: We all want to ensure the safety and comfort of our loved ones when we can no longer care for them at home. Unfortunately, care-facility residents can be exposed to nursing home accidents caused by improper supervision or care, abuse or neglect from staff or violent acts from other residents.
The Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice attorneys at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. can help when you need emergency assistance to ensure the safety of your loved ones or protect your rights after a medical error caused severe injury or death.
Damages available to victims of medical malpractice in Fort Lauderdale
When the medical providers you trust with your health fail to adhere to reasonable standards, you can face severe injuries — and the prospect of more treatment to help correct the errors. The lawyers at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. have extensive experience and resources to help you pursue the compensation you need to pay for all related expenses, from additional treatment and therapy to hiring someone to assist with your daily needs.
Successful medical malpractice claims in Florida can include both economic and non-economic damages such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost past and future wages
- Reduced earning potential
- Rehabilitation costs
- Long-term care
- In-home care
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Punitive damages may also be rewarded for egregious acts of negligence or harm caused.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer with the resources needed to help with complex claims
At Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A., we take calls 24/7, offer flexible hours for a free consultation and can meet with you in our convenient downtown Fort Lauderdale office, at home or in the hospital. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we win or settle your medical malpractice case. Contact us online, or call us at (954) 463-0585 today.