Fort Lauderdale Back Injury Lawyers
Florida firm work to get compensation for victims of spinal damage caused by negligence
A back injury could be traced to a single accident or repeated actions that take a toll over time. If your spinal problems are the result of someone else’s carelessness or willful act, you might be entitled to payment to address the harm associated with your spinal problems. The attorneys of Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. are Fort Lauderdale back injury lawyers who have recovered millions of dollars for South Florida clients victimized by others’ negligence. Our firm offers exceptional representation to people who are dealing with pain, limited mobility, loss of function and other effects of a back injury.
Fort Lauderdale back injury lawyers recover fair compensation for victims
We take immediate action to help back injury victims by collecting the evidence required to prove their case. This could mean obtaining an expert report on a surgical error, examining the scene of an auto accident or talking to witnesses about the conditions at a construction site where someone was hurt in a fall. By developing a strong case promptly, we are often able to negotiate a proper settlement without having to go to trial.
Types of back injuries common in Fort Lauderdale
There are many specific types of back ailments that you can suffer as a result of someone else’s negligence, such as:
- Spinal cord injury affecting the nervous system, possibly leading to paralysis
- Herniated or “slipped” disks
- Torn ligaments
- Crushed or fractured bones in the spine
- Nerve scarring
- Damage caused by surgical errors
Defendants and their insurance companies often resist providing appropriate compensation in back injury cases. They might allege that the plaintiff’s injuries are not serious or that they existed prior to the incident at issue. Collecting authoritative medical evidence is critical in spinal injury cases. We frequently work with expert doctors in this field and create a well-supported argument tying the victim’s medical condition to the defendant’s carelessness.
How back injuries in Fort Lauderdale can happen
Our attorneys handle all types of back injury claims, including cases where the plaintiff’s condition results from one of the following:
- Vehicle accidents — In a car, truck or motorcycle accident, the sudden stop frequently triggers a rapid back-and-forth motion that causes severe damage to a victim’s back.
- Slip and fall incidents — When property owners are not diligent about removing hazards, guests might slip or trip and suffer a back injury from their fall.
- Construction accidents — Workers and bystanders at construction sites face the risk of a spinal injury if proper care is not taken.
- Falling objects — When someone is struck in the back by an object dropped or thrown from above, the impact could have serious, long-term consequences.
In these types of cases and others, our firm provides exceptional advice and advocacy to South Florida back injury victims.
How to prove a Fort Lauderdale back injury case
Various different forms of negligence can result in a victim’s back injury, such as:
- Unsafe conditions, such as damaged floors, lack of handrails and poor lighting
- Speeding, intoxicated driving and other types of careless vehicle operation
- Wet floors that are not cleared or marked
- Poor security in areas where crowds gather or where there is a risk of assault
- Equipment that causes injury due to a defect or malfunction
Whether you were injured in a car accident, a fall on an unsafe walking surface or some other type of incident, we will use our knowledge and experience to determine exactly what contributed to your injury so we can hold the liable parties accountable.
Compensation for a Fort Lauderdale back injury
Many back ailments last for months or years. In some situations, injured parties never fully recover. With this in mind, you should retain a proven attorney who has a track record of winning substantial verdicts and settlements for clients in your position. We press for a result that gets clients the payment they deserve for various aspects of the harm they’ve endured. Specific categories of damages in these cases include:
- Medical bills, including medication costs
- Expenses associated with physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Income lost now and in the future due to your condition
- Costs of transportation to medical appointments
- In-home assistance required to meet your daily needs
- Counseling required to address the emotional harm resulting from your injury
- Compensation for the pain and suffering you’ve experienced
- Compensation for permanent disfigurement, loss of function and diminished enjoyment of life
After you’ve been hurt, you might be contacted by the liable party or one of their representatives. Their goal is to pressure you into a quick resolution that fails to provide the relief you deserve. When you speak with an attorney at our firm, we’ll give you a true opinion of the type of compensation that you should demand given the facts of your case.
Contact a Broward County lawyer for a free consultation regarding a back injury claim
Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. in Fort Lauderdale represents Florida clients in claims arising from back injuries. To make an appointment for a free initial consultation, please call (954) 463-0585 or contact us online today.