Fort Lauderdale Fatal Car Accident Attorneys
Dedicated Florida lawyers help estate representatives pursue damages
Many fatal car accidents are owed to circumstances that could have been avoided if only the right people had acted responsibly. The Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. hold drivers accountable for negligence or reckless actions that result in loss of life. Our firm handles wrongful death lawsuits to compensate surviving family members for their financial and emotional losses. With compassion and close attention to their needs, we work to make devastated families whole.
Determining fault in deadly Fort Lauderdale car crashes
Under Florida law, a lawsuit can be filed against a person whose negligence or other conduct caused someone else’s death. A wrongful death suit seeks to recover the damages a fatal accident victim could have sued for if he or she had survived. In addition, family members and other dependents of the deceased can seek compensation for their loss.
If you suffered the death of a loved one in a Fort Lauderdale car accident, our attorneys will investigate what caused the accident and who was responsible. Common causes of fatal auto accidents include:
- Driver negligence — Texting and driving, distracted driving, drunk driving and speeding are a few ways in which drivers act with negligence or conscious disregard for the safety of others.
- Defective products — In some cases, a fatal car accident occurs as the result of mechanical problems, such as defective brakes, steering or transmission. Other system failures may increase the severity of injuries. Companies that designed, manufactured or sold the faulty part may be held liable.
- Poor road conditions — Ineffective traffic signs and potholes are two of the many poor road conditions that may cause a Fort Lauderdale Florida fatal accident. Whether a state, city or county government agency is responsible for the accident depends in part on whether it is in charge of maintaining the roadway where the accident occurred.
A car crash may result in an immediate death or a serious injury that leads to death. Paralysis, organ damage and traumatic brain injuries are examples of injuries that may become fatal. The medical bills and other expenses incurred by the victim while still alive may be recovered in a wrongful death suit.
While some cases are cut and dried, others require extensive investigation. Our car accident lawyers represent estate representatives and survivors of the deceased through all phases of a wrongful death suit. We build cases meticulously and with a view toward achieving optimal results for our clients.
Fort Lauderdale attorneys recover damages for victims’ surviving family members and dependents
A wrongful death lawsuit in Florida must be filed by the personal representative of the deceased person’s estate, who may be the spouse or another close relative. Compensation obtained in a wrongful death lawsuit is shared by the spouse, children and parents and by any blood relative or adoptive sibling who was a dependent of the deceased.
Damages may be awarded to the deceased’s family members to cover:
- Lost support and services
- Lost companionship and protection
- Lost parental companionship, instruction, and guidance
- Mental pain and suffering from the date of injury
- Medical or funeral expenses paid by a survivor
Damages may be awarded to the estate to cover:
- The deceased’s potential lost earnings
- Loss of prospective net accumulations of the estate
- Medical or funeral expenses paid by or on behalf of the estate
Our Fort Lauderdale fatal car accident attorneys work diligently to help family members receive the appropriate compensation for the loss of their loved one.
Contact an accomplished team of Fort Lauderdale fatal car accident attorneys for a free consultation
Located in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the litigators at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. file wrongful death actions after fatal car crashes in Broward County and surrounding areas. To schedule a free initial consultation with an experienced attorney, call (954) 463-0585 or contact us online.