Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyers with More than Four Decades of Experience Handling Complex Claims
Board-certified trial lawyer with the legal knowledge and dedication you need to protect your rights
When you least expect it, an accident can cause injuries that profoundly change your life and the lives of the family members who care about you. All too often, accidental injuries could have been avoided if other individuals had observed a reasonable degree of care. Each personal injury lawyer at Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A. understands the frustration you experience when an injury caused by negligence forces you to deal with legal issues at the same time you want to focus on your medical care. Regardless of the severity or type of injury you sustain, a call to our firm is an important first step in pursuing relief and seeking justice.
Comprehensive, personalized support for an array of accidental injuries in Fort Lauderdale
We understand the special considerations that must be addressed for a wide array of accidental injury cases, including the following:
- Catastrophic injuries — A catastrophic injury is so severe that it can result in long-term medical conditions or permanent disabilities that affect every aspect of your life. If you or a loved one sustains a severe brain injury, a debilitating spinal injury or even third-degree burns due to the negligence of other individuals, you need to take effective legal action to pursue the compensation you need now and potentially for the rest of your life. Each experienced injury attorney at our firm has the skills to prepare a detailed case that supports your compensation needs in or out of court.
- Auto accidents — Your own no-fault insurance policy can handle the expenses related to many motor vehicle accidents, regardless of who has liability. However, many automobile accidents result in serious injuries beyond the limits of a typical insurance policy. In these cases, you have the right to pursue the compensation you need and deserve through other legal means. We have the necessary experience to justify a courtroom trial for your claim and the litigation skills to present an effective case before a jury.
- Premises liability — Under Florida premises liability law, you have the right to expect the owner or manager of any public or private property to take reasonable measures to keep you safe from accidental injury. However, whether you slip and fall on a wet floor in a store, or receive a dog bite when you visit the home of someone you know, the law requires you to prove the responsible party knew of the danger and failed to address it in a timely manner. These cases can be challenging to prove but our attorneys will conduct thorough investigations to support your case.
- Medical malpractice — Doctors can practice negligently in countless ways, from failing to diagnose a condition to making serious surgical errors. However, medical malpractice extends beyond medical practitioners. Many individuals play a role in health care, such as pharmacists, physical therapists and nursing home personnel. When anyone injures you due to medical negligence, we have the skills and resources to pursue your claim.
- Defective medical devices and dangerous drugs — Even with the best medical care, patients can experience devastating results when manufacturers create defective medical devices or pharmaceutical companies put dangerous drugs on the market. These products can potentially create medical issues that are worse than the original conditions they were intended to treat. We have an extensive background relating to these issues and we know how to litigate against the powerful companies that cause injuries to our clients.
- Construction accidents — Construction work is among the most dangerous professions in the U.S. today. When the causes of construction accidents point to third party negligence — such as when manufacturers provide defective equipment or when a passerby suffers injuries near a construction site — we conduct the thorough investigations needed to help victims pursue the compensation they deserve.
- Wrongful death — When the negligent or wrongful acts of individuals cause the death of a loved one, immediate family members have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim to recover the expenses related to their loss. The Florida Wrongful Death Act focuses on shifting the financial burden from the survivors to the wrongdoer. Our attorneys have the compassion to address the details of these emotionally charged cases so the family has the time to grieve their tragic loss.
Contact us for a free initial consultation to learn how we can help you
Every personal injury claim has its own unique issues. At the Fort Lauderdale personal injury law firm of Fazio, DiSalvo & Abers, P.A., our individualized approach helps ensure we address every detail of your case. We take calls 24/7, offer flexible hours for a free consultation and can meet with you in our convenient downtown office, at home or in the hospital. We take cases on a contingency fee basis, so you pay no attorney fees until we obtain an award or settlement for your case. Contact us online, or call us at (954) 463-0585 today.